Studies in Burke and His Time
Welcome to Studies in Burke and His Time, the journal of the Edmund Burke Society of America. The most recent issue is Volume 23 (2013). We will be publishing back numbers over the coming months.
Volume 23 (2013)
We are pleased to release Volume 23. We encourage readers to download the full issue in PDF format.
- , Joseph Ellis’s Burkean Founding
- , The Scholarly Factories
- , Burke’s American Characters
- , Edmund Burke and Leo Strauss and the Charge of ‘Historicism’
- Ian Crowe, Patriotism and Public Spirit: Edmund Burke and the Role of the Critic in Mid-Eighteenth-Century Britain.
- Corey Robin, The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Sarah Palin. André Gushurst-Moore, The Common Mind: Politics, Society and Christian Humanism from Thomas More to Russell Kirk. David Willetts, The Pinch: How the Baby Boomers Took Their Children’s Future—and Why They Should Give It Back.
Jesse Norman, Edmund Burke: The First Conservative.
Volume 22 (2011)
- Editor’s Introduction
- In Memoriam: Peter J. Stanlis. Francis Canavan, S.J.
- Notes on Contributors
- The Meal at the Saracen’s Head: Edmund Burke and the Scottish Literati [PDF download, 2 MB] ,
- , Wonder and Beauty in Burke’s Philosophical Enquiry
- , Fool for Love: The Sentimental Romances of Laurence Sterne
- The Inner Light of Edmund Burke: A Biographical Approach to Burke’s Religious Faith and Epistemology [PDF download, 2 MB] ,
- F. P. Lock, Edmund Burke: Vol. II, 1784–1797
- Daniel I. O’Neill, The Burke-Wollstonecraft Debate: Savagery, Civilization, and Democracy
- Edward Feser, Locke
- Sean Patrick Donlan, Ed., Edmund Burke’s Irish Identities
Volume 21 (2007)
- Editor’s Introduction
- , The Enlightenment, Religion and Edmund Burke
- , Burke, Empire, and Wars on Terrorism
- of an Irish Enlightenment , James Barry and the Aesthetic
- , Burke & the School of Irish Oratory
- , Imagination and the Good in Burke
- Some Recent Essays on Burke
- Conference Report: “Edmund Burke and Irish Literary Criticism, 1757 to 2007,” April 2007, Royal Irish Academy, Dublin, Ireland
- Burke Archives
- Seamus Deane, Foreign Affections: Essays on Edmund Burke
- Ian Crowe, Ed., An Imaginative Whig: Reassessing the Life and Thought of Edmund Burke
- Jennifer Pitts, A Turn to Empire: The Rise of Imperial Liberalism in Britain and France
- Luke Gibbons, Edmund Burke and Ireland: Aesthetics, Politics, and the Colonial Sublime
- Larry Arnhart, Darwinian Conservatism
- William Hague, William Pitt the Younger