From Russell Kirk
- What Is All This? Volume 47, Number 3–4 (Fall 2010)
- The High Achievement of Christopher Dawson Volume 47, Number 1 (Winter 2010)
- Donald Davidson and the South’s Conservatism Volume 46, Number 3 (Fall 2008)
- The Necessity for a General Culture Volume 46, Number 2 (Summer 2008)
- The Truth about Roy Campbell Volume 46, Number 1 (Spring 2008)
- The Moral Foundations of Economics Volume 45, Number 3 (Fall 2007)
- Renee Radell—She Paints Confusion in Search of Order Volume 45, Number 2 (Spring 2007)
- The Rarity of the God-fearing Man Volume 44, Number 3 (Summer 2006)
- A Cautionary Note on the Ghostly Tale Volume 44, Number 4 (Fall 2006)
- History and the Moral Imagination Volume 44, Number 2 (Winter 2006)
Any healthy society requires an enduring contest between its permanence and its progression. We cannot live without continuity, and we cannot live without prudent change.
Subscribe & Follow
We are pleased to announce the release of The University Bookman on Edmund Burke, now available for Kindle. Collecting 21 reviews, essays, and interviews from the Bookman on the life and thought of Edmund Burke, this book is only $2.99, and purchases support our ongoing work to provide an imaginative defense of the Permanent Things.
(3 Mar 2015)
Congratulations to Bookman contributor Caleb Stegall, who was selected for a seat on the Kansas Supreme Court. We wish him all the best.
(28 Dec 2014)
Other Sites of Interest