From Russell Kirk
- What Is All This? Volume 47, Number 3–4 (Fall 2010)
- The High Achievement of Christopher Dawson Volume 47, Number 1 (Winter 2010)
- Donald Davidson and the South’s Conservatism Volume 46, Number 3 (Fall 2008)
- The Necessity for a General Culture Volume 46, Number 2 (Summer 2008)
- The Truth about Roy Campbell Volume 46, Number 1 (Spring 2008)
- The Moral Foundations of Economics Volume 45, Number 3 (Fall 2007)
- Renee Radell—She Paints Confusion in Search of Order Volume 45, Number 2 (Spring 2007)
- The Rarity of the God-fearing Man Volume 44, Number 3 (Summer 2006)
- A Cautionary Note on the Ghostly Tale Volume 44, Number 4 (Fall 2006)
Real progress consists in the movement of mankind toward the understanding of norms, and toward conformity to norms. Real decadence consists in the movement of mankind away from the understanding of norms, and away from obedience to norms.
Russell Kirk, Enemies of the Permanent Things, 1969
Subscribe & Follow
Congratulations to Bookman contributor Caleb Stegall, who was selected for a seat on the Kansas Supreme Court. We wish him all the best.
(28 Dec 2014)
The Edmund Burke Society of America is pleased to announce a call for papers and open registration for “Edmund Burke and Patriotism,” their third conference on Edmund Burke. It will be held on February 27 and 28, 2015 at Villanova University. Keynote addresses will be from David Bromwich, Michael Brown, and Regina Janes. Please see this link for details and to register.
(27 Aug 2014)
Other Sites of Interest